Your health is extremely important. In order to do your best you need to feel your best. People who ignore their health end up regretting it later in life. Trust me when I say this ladies and gentlemen: I am talking to myself as well. I neglect my health entirely too often. So here are some habits we can work on TOGETHER in order to get fit and feel great this Fall season.
Healthy Habits to Form This Fall
- Drink water. Hydrate before you die-drate!!! It is so important to drink water. You’d be surprised how much water can give you energy and make you feel as if you are doing something right in your life. A simply bottle of water to carry around with you can help with things like clear skin as well.
- Meal prep. This is important for many reasons. One of which being that when you have already prepared food, you’re less likely to spend unnecessary money on something easy and cheap at the end of the day. I, personally, haven’t really been very good at this one. I have a hard time wanting to cook when it’s time to meal prep then eating out seems so much simpler. However, it’s more healthy and saves more money to cook food and eat it at HOME.
- Daily exercise. Move your body as much as possible! I, personally, am a big fan of yoga. I love it. I get exercise in but I don’t feel like I have done anything heavy even on those days where I end up being sore. However, some form of exercise and activity is healthy for you and necessary to keep you feeling great as your out here doing great things in life.
- No junk food after a certain time. I would say cut off your unhealthy snacks but that is unrealistic for all of us who love sweets and/or salty snacks. This is definitely a tricky one for me. I tend to really want something unhealthy at the end of the day but discipline is key when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle.
- Walk as often as possible. I made this one separate from exercising because it is kind of the physical activity cheat code. The best way to stay active even if you hate exercise is to walk as often as you can. Instead of an elevator, take the stairs. Instead of driving three minutes down the road, walk and spend a few more minutes on your tip. I feel this can greatly improve your health without any other form of exercise. Plus, it saves on gas.
Our health is important in every chapter of our lives, but we are in the last quarter now. So if you failed at taking care of your health this year so far like I did, let’s try to practice some of these habits in order to maintain a more healthy living. What lifestyle habits are you going to adopt this Fall?