Why I stand by being a morning person

This blog post is kind of a defense to slight backlash I got months ago. I have been meaning to write it for awhile but haven’t really had the time. I have written a couple blog posts about being a morning person and positive morning routine habits and I got some responses via social media where people attacked me (in a very passive aggressive way) about pushing the whole ‘being a morning person thing’. I was told that I was being too pushy and I was also told that I sound like a cheesy motivational speaker which isn’t genuine. No rude remarks were made in my comments and I am glad for this because we are al about positivity here, but I wanted to address it.

I have heard people talking about how they aren’t morning people and they don’t want to force it on themselves which I understand and don’t disagree with. I have also heard people say that they are night owls and get things done at night really late which I understand also and don’t disagree with.

However, I stand by my emotions towards mornings. I don’t think anything is wrong with someone who does things differently, but I will never say that I don’t think waking up a little earlier can make a huge difference in your productivity and success. Let me explain why.

Why I Stand By Being A Morning Person

The answers are simple really…

1. It’s been proven to work for countless entrepreneurs and NON entrepreneurs. There is a different path for everybody towards success but I can never ignore consistent common denominators and one of them is that there are COUNTLESS examples of people who started waking up earlier in the mornings and saw incredible improvements in their health, productivity, and their life. They got better sleep at night, got more done, and (of course my favorite) got all those bragging rights. You can tell me all day that you don’t need to wake up at 5AM to be successful and I will not at all disagree with you, but you canNOT tell me that waking up earlier than you need to just to get to work doesn’t have major benefits. The proof is in science, evidence from both millionaires and house moms, and the message from gurus everywhere.
  2. It has worked wonders for ME. I share on my blog based on my experience and what I have known to be true to myself. I wasn’t a born morning person. I wasn’t. However, when I decided to try this in order to make my business, blog, and others be more successful I saw benefits I didn’t expect. I have more energy throughout the day now. I FEEL more accomplished when the day is over because I know that I accomplished 3 things off my to-do list before 9AM ever came. When I get off of work each day, I feel RELAXED because I am not rushing to do anything but go home and watch Netflix because I handled most of my business that morning. My weekends are more freedom and less work. All of this because I risked a couple months of discomfort to get up earlier in the morning? I will not let anyone make me feel bad for sharing that message with the world.

These are really the only two basic reasons that I stand by anything I have ever said about being a morning person. I don’t really feel like I need any more reasons. I am not saying you won’t be successful without waking up early. I will say, however, that it would benefit you to do so. Hopefully, those of you that decided to attack me for sounding like a cliche, female Eric Thomas can forgive me for standing so heavily about this lol.

Are you a morning person? Do other morning people such as myself get on your nerves? Lol, leave your answers in the comments below. I promise I won’t be offended, lol. Morning person or not, we are all going to be successes out here!

25 Comments

1. Karen on 08/13/2019 at 10:10 am

I want to be a morning person. As I get older, and have commitments that require me to be up very early daily, it’s getting easier. I do love to sleep though, so it’s a battle sometimes 🙂

• cherishingflo101 on 08/14/2019 at 3:33 pm

I love sleep too, which is why I just prioritize going to bed in just enough time to get myself up lol

2. Sarah Emery on 08/13/2019 at 10:56 am

I have never been a morning person (and I have made many attempts), but one thing I do look forward to, is that first cup of coffee ☕️ 🙂 You do you, & what works best for your productivity 🙂 Cheers!

• cherishingflo101 on 08/14/2019 at 3:34 pm

I think that first cup of coffee is DEFINITELY a universal treat lol

3. Brianne Tursi Manz on 08/13/2019 at 1:34 pm

I like to think I’m a morning person. I have my cranky moments, but I feel that I do get more done by noon, and I feel that’s because I’m a morning person.

• cherishingflo101 on 08/14/2019 at 3:35 pm

Yeah I am pretty cranky sometimes too lol but it’s the productivity levels that makes it in my opinion… lol so you can still claim the morning person groove!

4. Myrah Duque on 08/13/2019 at 6:48 pm

You are my hero! I have never been a morning person even though I had to get up at 6 am for 4 years to drop my daughter off in high school. Luckily, I’m now an empty nester!

• cherishingflo101 on 08/15/2019 at 10:14 pm

Well it’s good you can take a break now!

5. Heather on 08/13/2019 at 10:13 pm

I think everyone is different. I’ve never really been a morning person myself. It doesn’t make either of us less than.. we are just different.

• cherishingflo101 on 08/15/2019 at 10:15 pm

Everyone is different 🙂

6. Toughcookiemommy on 08/14/2019 at 12:04 am

I’ve never been a morning person but I do see the value in getting up early to get things accomplished. After all, they say the early bird gets the worm…

• cherishingflo101 on 08/15/2019 at 10:15 pm

Yes, not everyone can be a morning person but having some extra time in the morning can be GREATLY beneficial!

7. Katrina Kroeplin on 08/14/2019 at 12:16 am

Whatever works for you. I for one am at my best between 2pm and 2:15pm lol. I’m so not a morning person

8. Subhashish Roy on 08/14/2019 at 2:03 am

I always wished I could be a morning person but have till now failed on that aspect. But I truly believe what you are propagating as the benefits are immense.

9. Emman Damian on 08/14/2019 at 6:38 am

I think it depends on the person reading it. Some may have a different approach and lifestyle. They just have to respect your opinions on it. Keep it up!

10. Rhea on 08/14/2019 at 7:52 am

I must say, first it starts with a choice and second is discipline. I myself wants to practice this mantra. I’m proud that I’m getting there.. Plus i have this morning journal that I need to complete daily.

I know you mean no harm, keep writing 🙂 & God Bless!

11. Toni on 08/14/2019 at 9:42 am

I totally agree! There are advantages to being a morning person! Thanks for this!

12. Emily Fata on 08/14/2019 at 9:50 am

Though I hate actually waking up early, when I do, I’m always grateful that I did. I love having an entire day to do what I want… I feel so much more productive.

• cherishingflo101 on 08/16/2019 at 8:30 am

Yeah the getting up process itself SUCKS, but it is nice to have your whole day’s goals accomplished before other people even get their lunch break.

13. Annemarie LeBlanc on 08/14/2019 at 10:39 am

Being a morning person for me is not because I like it, but because I have to be up in the mornings! Ugh. If I had my way, I’d like to sleep for a whole year! Haha. Seriously though, I am up at 4 am and start working. The quiet surroundings help me become more productive.

• cherishingflo101 on 08/16/2019 at 8:29 am

That’s even too early for me lol. I just make sure I wake up early enough that I have hours before I have to go to work and nobody else is awake to bother me lol.

14. nirjon rahman on 08/14/2019 at 10:55 am

I don’t exactly remember but i have read somewhere in the internet that night owls are more intelligent, can you please confirm this for me

• cherishingflo101 on 08/16/2019 at 8:26 am

I am not sure where you read that from lol, but I don’t think what time you feel most productive really has anything to do with your intelligence level, but then again I have never read anything about that.

15. Nancy Davies on 08/16/2019 at 9:53 pm

I like to get up when the sun gets up. Nothing like seeing the sunrise. If I get up late I seem to catching up all day.

16. Faith Roxas on 08/17/2019 at 7:04 am

Both morning and night person have their own perks. As long as we do not forget our health routine. And we do not abuse our own body.