Disclaimer: this blog post may contain *affiliate links*. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may receive a commission from any purchases made from links provided in this post. I only talk about brands and provide links to products I truly believe in. I am very picky about who I choose to work with. I am in no way influenced in the things I promote. I sign up… because I believe in the product!
We all have dreams and ways we imagine our lives being. A lot of us don’t realize that it is up to us to make those dreams a reality. You don’t have to settle for a life that you want. You can create a life that goes beyond your wildest dreams. Yes, that sounds extremely cliche and I even slight cringed as I typed it, but as it would happen I have realized that I have more power than I had previously given myself credit for and I wanted to share that with you guys.
How to Create Your Dream Life
- Write out what your dream life looks like. Put it down on paper. Something about writing (or typing) out the things you want out of life is surprisingly motivating. It is basically a documentation of your “why”. For those of you that don’t know… when I say your why, I mean the reason you are putting in all of the work (you’re going to need to put in a lot of it) and the reason why you’re not giving up. Write that down somewhere where you will NOT lose it.
- Think about & consider what kind of person lives that kind of life. This is an extremely important step when it comes to creating your dream life. The person you are not doesn’t live that life. Otherwise, you’d already be there living it. So, what are the characteristics and mindset behind the person who lives the life you are imagining? What does that person sacrifice? How does that person respond to adversity? What is that person’s priorities? That’s who you’re going to have to work on becoming. This is the sign for you that it is time for growth.
- Begin walking & talking as if it’s already reality. Your mind is a powerful thing. You have no idea how powerful until you have used it to help mold your life into something amazing. You have to start acting as if you are already that successful person. You wake up and believe that you are wealthy. You wake up and you believe you are already in your dream house with your dream car and with your dream body. That energy being put out will begin to attract those things towards you and also motivate you to do what needs to be done in order to accomplish your goals.
- Make a list of the steps needed to accomplish this dream. This step is pretty practical and it honestly almost annoys me when clients come to me and they have done ZERO research on how to make their business successful or how to make their dreams become a reality. There is a way to do almost everything. You have to create your own path, but you need to know where to start. Research and PLAN. Prioritize your goals and make an effort to understand what you need in order to achieve those goals. This will give you guidance so you’re not just walking around bumping into things as you try and achieve your goals. Everything is not going to always go as planned, but it is still important to have a plan so you know what you need to be doing. Click here for a productivity planner to help you prioritize and accomplish your goals! It can help you say ‘no’ and decide what is important. You can mix n match pages to suit your needs! It is my FAVORITE planner for productively accomplishing my goals!!!
- ACT. Goals mean absolutely NOTHING without action. Plans mean absolutely NOTHING without action. Words mean absolutely NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING without action to back it up. If you want to be successful and live your dream life… you have to DO things in order to get there. It is your behavior that decides whether or not you are going to be successful. It is up to nobody else. It is NOBODY’s fault if you don’t reach your goals but yours. It’s because of YOUR thoughts, YOUR reaction to adversity, YOUR behavior that you are where you are. So if you want something different, you have to DO something different.
I never once said that creating your dream life would be easy. There are a lot of sacrifices that will have to be made. There are a lot of obstacles that WILL get in your way. It is not going to be smooth sailing all the long way. That is not the way that it works. However, you can create the life yourself. You can manifest it. You can achieve it. All you have to do are these steps above and while it may not be easy, it is definitely simple.
So, the choice is yours. We are more than halfway through the year. Are you going to start creating your dream life? Or just keep dreaming?