Disclaimer: this blog post may contain *affiliate links*. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may receive a commission from any purchases made from links provided in this post. I only talk about brands and provide links to products I truly believe in. I am very picky about who I choose to work with. I am in no way influenced in the things I promote. I sign up… because I believe in the product!
We are in the SIXTH month of the year, you guys. 2019 is halfway over. The rate that this year is going by is actually beginning to frighten me. Anyhow let me ask you this: how has accomplishing your goals gone so far? Are you getting things done? I won’t lie, the year has already took a turn. Some things that I THOUGHT I would have done by now… I don’t have done.
So what does that mean exactly? Does that mean give up? Does that mean stop having goals? NO IT DOES NOT. There is still and ENTIRE six months left in this year for us to get our grind on. There is still SIX MONTHS to accomplish our 2019 goals. So how do we realign and make sure that we still finish 2019 strong in this last half of the year? THAT is what I am going to dive into today.
How You Can Still Accomplish Your 2019 Goals This Late In The Year
- Make sure your current goals are still in line with what you want to accomplish. I take a look over my yearly goals every single month. A lot of the time we start the year thinking one thing will be the focus but by the time we get to the middle of the year, we don’t even want those same things anymore. If you find that to be your situation, it is okay to take some things off of your goals list and add other things in order to make sure you are still in line with what it is that you want to accomplish in your life.
- Make sure you goals are presented to you daily. I do this in many ways actually. One of which is my alarm clock label on my phone. It has a message reminding me to keep steady on the road towards my goals (and reminds me first thing in the morning that I am all types of gorgeous). Also, there are goal boards that you can do. Believe it or not, I STILL have not done my goal board this year. I am very annoyed with myself for not having done it, but I have hardly had the time since I have been posting more on YouTube.. anyway that’s beside the point. Goal boards are a good way to do this, but so is sticky notes you can put in or around your room. Be creative with it.
- Remove all the negative influences from your life. Detoxing from negative energy is a journey that you will always have to do periodically. You meet new people or form new habits and sometimes you have to examine those and make sure they are not negatively impacting you in your life. That is a lesson that I had to learn myself. I am constantly finding that I am having to distance myself from certain people, situations, environments, and behaviors in order to have the best environment for my success. So pay attention to your surroundings. If you are interested in HOW to remove toxic people from your environment you can watch my video on it by clicking here.
- PLAN how you’re going to achieve your goals. Know how you’re going to accomplish your goals. Write down some steps that will put you closer towards your goals. Do your research. Look at people who have already succeeded in your area and PLAN your method of attack. Get a daily, weekly, AND monthly goals list so that you always know what your next step is! If you’re interested in getting a planner to help you get stuff done like a BOSS, you can try this *productivity planner*. I, personally, love how it helps me properly prioritize my goals! If interested, grab your 25+ printable pages here.
- Affirmations & visualizations. I have been doing a lot of visualization lately and speaking positivity over myself and my life. It has made a huge difference. The energy you put out into the world comes back to you and so if you put positive and successful energy out, guess what is coming back to you? Believe in your success and walk in that truth. It will change your life.
- Remember Your Why. I remember I used to get sick and tired of hearing this. Now, I remind myself to do this all the time. Why? Remembering what put you on your path in the first place helps to reignite the fire. Why are you doing this? What motivated you to get started in the first place? If remembering why you got started doesn’t help make you want to get started again, revisit the first tip.
- Forgive yourself. Are you way behind on your goals for 2019? Have you only accomplished half of what you wanted or even worse… nothing you wanted? Okay, cool. You didn’t. You know that. Don’t spend forever beating yourself up over it. That is a pure waste of time and will seal you not accomplishing anything the rest of the year. It’s over now. Life happens. It is okay. Forgive yourself. I am not where I thought I would be in my business by now, but I don’t have time to be angry with myself. I have catching up to do.
- Be PROACTIVE. Do not read this blog post and then go back to doing the same old stuff and not making any changes. Put in WORK. Make your plan and ACT ON IT. You are not coming across this blog post on accident. This is a message meant for you. Do not ignore it and never let it do what it’s purpose was to do which is remind you that you have some things to accomplish and you are going to be successful. You just have to act.
- Love yourself. Do NOT start doing some stupid stuff like I do such as working nonstop until your body gives out and you lose motivation for weeks and can’t seem to shake your own depression because you neglected all ounces of self care (wow… really called myself out there didn’t I). Make sure you take care of yourself. Spend time relaxing. Take frequent breaks as you work. You don’t have to sacrifice sleep like some people say. Sometimes you have to sacrifice television or a party night, but sleep? Nope.
Are you ready to SLAY the rest of 2019? It doesn’t matter how close or far you are from your goals. You can always readjust and accomplish more than you ever imagined! What are you going to accomplish this year? How far are you from accomplishing your 2019 goals? Leave your answers in the comment section below and let’s slay this year together!!!