Disclaimer: this blog post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I mau receive a commission from any purchases you made from links provided in this post.
Being a boss isn’t easy. You find yourself with a million things to do and feeling like you don’t have enough time in the day. This can cause burnout like nobody’s business. When trying to run your own business, implement a new hobby or activity, or huddle two jobs at once (I’ve done it and it can be highly difficult) time management is important.
You HAVE to be able to properlyh organize and manage your time or I promise your head will explode with no warning. Without proper managing, the quality of the things you’re trying to accomplish will be poor. You will find yourself behind on deadlines and not being able to produce your content or projects on time. In other words, you can’t be the best you if you can’t manage yourself.
So, what are some ways to accomplish better time management?
- Write out all of your goals. Write out every goal you have for both your business and your personal life. Write it down. If you want to get creative and section it off into categories, do that. Just get your goals down on paper.
- Prioritize your goals. What NEEDS to be done right away and what is an “after this” step? You need to put what’s urgent at the top of your list. In order to do this, you need to know what’s important and what’s not. You also need to know what can realistically be done right away. I am guilty of way too many times over exerting myself and putting too many urgent goals in front of myself because I thought I was Wonder Woman and could do a thousand things at once. Take things one step at a time. Baby steps.
- Get yourself a planner.
If you don’t already have one, get one. I don’t know how people can call themselves bosses and they don’t have any kind of planner. You need to be able to plan out your steps and what you’re going to do next so that you never have to stress yourself out trying to remember what steps you need to take and what steps you’ve already taken. You can just cross it off of your list and get things done that way. The best planner that I have come across is the Slay Your Goals Planner! It has printable pages upon pages with quotes and prompts for your goals. It has no dates on it so you can use it anytime and start in the middle of the year if you’d like. I love it because of the prompts and goal planning it has because that’s what I’m all about. I love setting me some goals. You can find it here!
- Once you have a plan, stick to it. Saying no can be hard, especially when you’re saying no to something that sounds more fun than what you’re currently doing. It’s important that you are disciplined enough to stick to your prioritized goals. Don’t allow yourself to waver. You don’t want to get behind so stay focused so that you can stay ahead.
- Time Blocking. This has LITERALLY become one of my favorite things. There are apps for this type of thing, but I just use the reminders app that’s already on my iPhone. When you’re time blocking you set up time for you to do tasks and you set a timer to that task. You set an alarm for when the task needs to start and when it’s time to finish or wrap it up. Sometimes I find myself not wanting to stop working when the timer goes off and will finish what I’m doing if I don’t have something else that I need to be doing right after. The magic of time blocking is it allows you to focus on the one thing at a time because you know that at that moment that you’ve carved out, that’s all you need to be doing. It helps when you know you aren’t missing anything because you’ve scheduled time for it all. Time blocking has been my jam for the past six months or so. It made Blogtober possible for me to do.
- Schedule leisure time. You don’t have to schedule a specific time to do specific things in this time slot. Just be sure you leave ample time for self care. Leave open space where you can make time to see you friends, workout, EAT, and sometimes just do nothing. Be sure you’re getting enough sleep. Don’t let yourself be so driven that self care goes out the window.
These are the things that help me keep myself in check so that I can accomplish all of my goals and also not pass out. If you are a subscriber and read the blog often then you know that I juggle quite a few things. I am a part of 3 separate channels, only one being just me. I also have this wonderful blog, but I write for three other websites at the moment. Then, lastly I work from home as a social media manager on a freelance basis, so I can be pretty full on the agenda. However, due to time management, I always have free time to self care. I am able to not work Saturday’s and most of Sunday’s. I am finished working every single day by six PM unless I have an evening business meeting, and I spend ample time with loved ones.
That is something I want for all of you no matter what is on your plate. It can all be done if time is managed correctly and you’re being sure to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Not everyone can do as much as I’m doing so know your limits. What work is overwhelming you at the moment? How do you manage your time? Do you have any tips to help me be even more productive and less busy? Do you think any of these tips will help you? Comment down your thoughts below!
Stalk my social media!!
CherishingFlo YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUDH1m6NTTbRjz8K42UJfZw
Couples YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5oonayYlftKWnZf9z2hOA