WELCOME BACK CHERISHINGFLO FAM!
It’s Day 2 of Blogtober and I’m so hyped and ready to go! If you like what you read, leave a comment down below and let me know! I’d love to hear from you guys!
What is the FIRST thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you get up to go to the bathroom with your phone in hand? Do you roll over and kiss your sweetie? Do you immediately start brewing that cup of coffee because you cannot do life until you are full of caffeine? (Trust me, I understand that one all too well). Did you know that what you do in the morning has a DIRECT affect on how the rest of your day goes? The beginning of the day decides how the rest of the day will turn out. Many of us wake up and start our day by sabotaging our ability to be the best selves we can be. Doing this can also greatly decrease our chances at success and honestly can decrease our levels of happiness as well.
In order to be productive during your day and not drone on like Squidward, seeming to aimlessly go through your routine but not actually accomplish anything, you need to start by.. well starting your day on purpose (like how I reiterated the title there?). The first hour of your morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. In fact, some of us fail to realize how much our first few thoughts in the morning can be the deciding mood for our emotions and how we respond to things throughout the entire day.
So, how do you start your day on purpose? How do you begin your day with positive thoughts and productive vibes in order to implement successful habits and behavior?
How to Start Your Day On Purpose
- Don’t touch your phone. I chose to say this first because for most of us, the first thing we do when we wake up in the morning is grab our cellular device and start checking notifications. I, for one, was guilty of this for the longest time. You want to start your day with a positive attitude and a clear mind. This will never happen if you start your day by checking your emails and seeing what work demands of you today. You also won’t get that refreshing start if you start your day by scrolling through social media and seeing what drama has arisen or what ridiculousness has been posted by people you hardly know but chose to be friends with on Facebook. For the first hour of every morning I wake up, I choose not to check my phone or notifications and just let my brain reconnect with the world in peace without the alarming awakening other people’s postings and messages invite.
- Meditate. First things first: Clear your mind and relax your body. Give yourself permission to have time for yourself. Get out of bed, but don’t go right into work mode. If you are a mom, wake up before your kids and give yourself a second of just quiet. If you’re not, wake up and before doing anything else sit in silence. Start your day with quieting your negative thoughts before they even get the chance to sporadically interchange in your head. I would suggest meditating under the pretense of gratefulness. Focus your mind on things you’re grateful for and things that make you happy. This helps improve your focus and reduce your stress through the day. You’ll find yourself happier and less reactive to negative energy. When I started doing this, my entire day started going by so much smoother and I soon learned that I went from being a morning person to a SUPER morning person. I, personally, start my day off with God. I do some praying and devotion and meditate in gratefulness and that keeps me both grounded and happy.
- Drink LEMON water. HYDRATE BEFORE YOU DIE-DRATE! Start your day on a healthy note by replenishing your body and waking it up with good ole H2O. You went the entire night without any sort of hydration. Your body craves it and needs it. Yes, even before that first cup of morning coffee. I was surprised at how drinking water when I first wake up in the morning changed my life. Water replenishes you physically and mentally. I don’t know what blog post I read that said to drink lemon water, but I THANK YOU! It is so refreshing and delightful to taste buds and my insides! I didn’t try it right away, but now that I’ve tried it, it has become a lifestyle! To be honest, my mom was nagging at me about doing it and that’s what actually got me started, but all of you health bloggers out there that preach lemon water, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE talking about! I drink more water than I ever have and am more energized and spirited JUST because I added some gosh darn lemon to my water! Do it. You won’t regret it… unless you’re allergic to lemons… then.. you probably shouldn’t.
- Eat a good breakfast. Have yourself a delicious and nutritious meal to start your day. You need energy to fuel you for the rest of the day. Spongebob reminds us in his song: “Most important meal of the day, serving it up Gary’s way” that one of the biggest priorities when you wake up is getting yourself a breakfast that is good for you and that you love. It gives you the energy to kick butt the rest of that morning AND the rest of that day.
- Make up your bed. The last thing I’ll leave you with should’ve beenthe first thing. MAKE UP YOUR BED. It’s truly life-changing. When you wake up and before you leave the room you make your bed, you are starting your day with an intentional, positive action. That intent will follow you throughout the rest of your day. Not to mention that there is just SOMETHING about a made up bed that makes you feel as if you have your life TOGETHER. When I come back into my room after a long day with a made up bed it’s so much more relaxing than when I come home to my covers just as jumbled up as my brain is. A made up bed is a subconscious alert to your brain to being as clear and together as that bed. Trust me. Making this a habit will be something you don’t regret. I’ll admit I haven’t perfected this habit, BUT I will also add that I don’t sleep alone and I’m usually the first one up so it’s not completely my fault *crosses arms in child-like denial*.
We all want success, right? We all want to be our best selves. Well, a better you stems from you forming better habits. These were a great start for me. Starting my day off right and doing these things and implementing them into my morning routine has allowed me to start my day off intentionally and on purpose. I find myself accomplishing so much more with not as much effort.
How do you start your day? What steps do you take to keep your mind in proper focus and with positivity? Can you add something to my list that I didn’t mention? I’d love to hear from you guys and learn more amazing ways to improve life (such as lemons in water). Feel free to comment below!
Until next time, Fam.
Stalk my social media!!
CherishingFlo YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUDH1m6NTTbRjz8K42UJfZw
Couples YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5oonayYlftKWnZf9z2hOA